To listen to the Governance meeting, please click on the link below.
Pursuant to section 38 of By-Law Number 2,
consideration of items 13-18 will take place in camera.
- Chair’s Remarks
- Report of the Vice-President and Provost (Presentation)
- Proposal to Establish a Department: Centre for Critical Development Studies (EDU:B) to the Department of Global Development Studies, University of Toronto Scarborough (for recommendation)*
Be It Recommended
THAT, the Centre for Critical Development Studies (EDU:B) be converted to the Department of Global Development Studies, as described in the proposal dated April 13, 2021, be approved effective as of July 1, 2021.
- Proposal to Establish an Extra-Departmental Unit A: Faculty of Arts & Science, School of the Environment (for recommendation)*
Be It Recommended
THAT the proposal to establish the School of the Environment, an (EDU: B), as an Extra-Departmental Unit Type A, as described in the proposal dated April 12, 2021, be approved effective July 1, 2021.
- Academic Plan: University of Toronto Libraries Academic Plan, 2020-2025: Barrier-Free Access to All of the Right Information (for information and feedback)* (Arising from Report Number 200 of the Planning and Budget Committee - May 6, 2021)
- Constitutional Amendments: School of Graduate Studies (for approval)**
Be it Resolved
THAT subject to confirmation by the Executive Committee
THAT the proposed amended Constitution of the School of Graduate Studies, which was recommended for approval by the Graduate Education Council on April 20, 2021 be approved, effective July 1, 2021.
- Revisions to the Terms of Reference of the Planning and Budget Committee (for information)**
- Revisions to the Terms of Reference of the Committee on Academic Policy and Programs Terms (for information)**
- Report of the Previous Meeting: Report Number 233 – April 28, 2021 (for approval)**
- Business Arising from the Report of the Previous Meeting
- Reports for Information**
- Annual Report: Council of Ontario Universities Academic Colleague, 2021
- Semi-Annual Report: Academic Appeals Committee, Individual Reports, Spring 2021
- Semi-Annual Report: University Tribunal, Information Reports, Spring 2021
- Report Number 276 of the Agenda Committee – May 7, 2021 (Special Meeting)
- Report Number 277 of the Agenda Committee – May 18, 2021
- Report Number 208 of the Committee on Academic Policy and Programs – May 5, 2021
- Report Number 200 of the Planning and Budget Committee – May 6, 2021
- Date of the Next Meeting: October 12, 2021, 3:10 – 5:10 p.m.
- Other Business
IN CAMERA CONSENT AGENDA
- Appointments: University Professors Recipients (for approval)+
- Appointments: President’s Teaching Award Recipients (for approval)+
- Annual Report: Nominating Committee for the University of Toronto Tribunal and the Academic Appeals Committee – 2021-2022 (for approval)+
- Quarterly Report on Donations: February 1- April 30, 2021 (for information)+
IN CAMERA AGENDA
- Appointment of an Assistant Secretary to the University Tribunal (for approval)+
- Annual Report: Striking Committee – Academic Board, 2021 (for approval)+
* Documentation attached
** Documentation for consent item included. This item will be given individual consideration
by the Board only if a member so requests. Members with questions or who would like a consent
item to be discussed by the Board are asked to notify the Secretary, Ms. Tracey Gameiro, at least
24 hours before the meeting, by telephone (416-978-8425) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*** Documentation forthcoming
+ Confidential documentation for members only