The Committee for Honorary Degrees is responsible for recommending to the Governing Council the conferral of honorary degrees upon individuals whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to the graduates of the University, and who, by their presence, bring honour and distinction to the institution.
We are pleased to announce that we will be accepting nominations for Honorary Degrees for 2022. The official call for nominations will occur in mid-June 2021. The deadline for nominations is Monday September 13, 2021.
Call for Honorary Degree Nominations for 2022
Instructions for Honorary Degree Nominations
Honorary Degree Recipients 2021
U of T recognizes 13 academic, business, and community leaders.
Secretary to the Committee for Honorary Degrees
Dr. Kristi Gourlay
- Meeting Schedule
- Terms of Reference
- Guidelines for the Committee for Honorary Degrees
- Instructions for Honorary Degree Nominations
- Honorary Degree Nomination Form (fillable pdf)
- List of Honorary Degree Recipients, Alphabetical order
- List of Honorary Degree Recipients, Chronological order