A Digital Diploma is a secure, high-resolution version of your diploma stating the name, crest and seal of the University of Toronto and the signatures of senior officials of the University. It also includes your name, degree, and the conferral date. The Digital Diploma can be securely downloaded and shared.
NOTE: Digital Diplomas are only available to those who had their degree conferred between March 2020 and November 2021.
Benefits of having a Digital Diploma
- Celebrate your accomplishments with friends and family
- View or download a verifiable copy of your diploma
- Share with prospective employers or other academic institutions
Information for 2022 graduates
Enrollment Services, in partnership with the Office of Convocation, is currently reviewing our digital diploma services. Additional details will be emailed to graduates when more information is available.
Accessing your Digital Diploma for 2020 and 2021 graduates ONLY
- Check your email: You should have received information via email from 'firstname.lastname@example.org' with instructions on accessing your Digital Diploma.
- Create your account on Parchment.com: We work with Parchment.com to securely issue and store your Digital Diploma. Follow the links in the email to create your Digital Credential Profile.
- View, download and share: Share your diploma with prospective employers or download a secure PDF version.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
(Class of 2020 AND 2021 ONLY)
Is a Digital Diploma secure?
Yes. The digital diploma that you can downloaded is an official PDF copy and is secured with blue ribbon certification via global sign CA. Embedded on page 2 of the PDF is a unique URL where third parties can click to further authenticate the document on the Parchment website.
Does the Digital Diploma replace the original printed parchment?
No. We are pleased to offer the Digital Diploma in addition to the printed diploma (parchment).
How and when will I receive my Digital Diploma?
Digital Diplomas are generally issued 4-6 weeks after degrees have been conferred. Graduates will receive an email from 'email@example.com' to their UTmail address with instructions on how to access their Digital Diploma.
Friends in the same graduating class have received their Digital Diploma, why have I not received mine?
It could be that you have outstanding fees, and your diploma is being held until those fees are cleared. Please contact your registrar for information regarding your fees and possible diploma hold.
I have combined degrees; will I receive two separate Digital Diplomas?
Yes. As with your printed diploma, you will receive a digital version of each.
How is a Digital Diploma different from a Certification of Degree?
A Certification of Degree is a signed and sealed document printed on letterhead stating your name of record, degree conferred, and date of graduation. A Digital Diploma is an electronic version of your printed diploma.
I graduated prior to 2020, can I request a Digital Diploma?
Unfortunately, only graduates in 2020 and beyond are eligible for the Digital Diploma.
How do I access my Digital Diploma?
Once your Digital Diploma has been issued, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access it.
Click on the link in the email and follow these steps:
- Click “Sign Up” to create a Parchment account.
- Follow the prompts to verify your account.
- From your account dashboard, share your diploma or download a secure pdf.
- Repeat as many times as you wish. Your digital diploma with Parchment will never expire.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues accessing the Digital Diploma.
The link to access my digital diploma is expired, what should I do?
Some graduates trying to access their Digital Diploma may receive a message stating that the link is expired. If this is the case, please contact email@example.com who will be able to assist.