- Academic Appeals
Academic Discipline & Academic Discipline Appeals
- Academic Discipline
- Academic Discipline Appeals
Non-Academic Discipline & Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Non-Academic Discipline
- Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Sexual Violence & Sexual Harassment
- University-Mandated Leave Policy
- Complaint and Resolution Council for Student Societies (CRCSS)
- Advancement Review Panel - CUPE 3902 Unit 3
- Clinical Faculty Academic Clinical Tribunal
- Clinical Faculty Grievance Review Panel
- UTFA Tenure Appeals
- UTFA Grievances
- UTFA Workload Adjudication
when can i expect a decision?
In circumstances where the reasons for decision are not provided at the time of the hearing, you can normally expect written reasons to be delivered within 90 days from the hearing, although the reasons may be issued sooner or in rare occasions may take longer. The ADFG Office will distribute the finalized decision to you or your representative and the Division once it has been received.
The process of issuing a decision is as follows:
- Once the ADFG Office receives the draft decision from the panel, the Office will format it;
- Conduct a fact and name check;
- Circulate it to the panel again for their approval (only if there are any changes);
- Finally, the Office will release the decision by posting it online to the ADFG website (it will not contain your name).
is my appeal decision published?
For a detailed explanation of the publication of records, please see the Code of Student Conduct ’s Memorandum on the Maintenance and Use of the Records of Non-Academic Discipline Proceedings.
The Hearing Officer or the Discipline Appeals Board may make recommendations to the Vice-President & Provost that the nature of the offence and the sanction be published in the University newspapers. Where circumstances warrant, the Hearing Officer or the Discipline Appeals Board may also order the publication of your name.
The Vice-President & Provost has the discretion to withhold publication of your name.