- Academic Appeals
Academic Discipline & Academic Discipline Appeals
- Academic Discipline
- Academic Discipline Appeals
Non-Academic Discipline & Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Non-Academic Discipline
- Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Sexual Violence & Sexual Harassment
- University-Mandated Leave Policy
- Complaint and Resolution Council for Student Societies (CRCSS)
- Advancement Review Panel - CUPE 3902 Unit 3
- Clinical Faculty Academic Clinical Tribunal
- Clinical Faculty Grievance Review Panel
- UTFA Tenure Appeals
- UTFA Grievances
- UTFA Workload Adjudication
do you want help with your academic discipline appeal?
Downtown Legal Services (DLS) can help! DLS is a legal clinic with experience representing students in the academic discipline appeals process. It is located on the University of Toronto campus and provides free legal services to students who qualify.
The Discipline Appeals Board hears a student's appeal in Non-Academic Discipline cases, previously heard and decided upon by a Hearing Officer; and a student's or University's appeal in Academic Discipline cases, previously heard and decided upon by the University Tribunal Trial Division.
The Duties of the Discipline Appeal Board are:
a) To hear and consider appeals against decisions:
- i) made by a Hearing Officer acting under the Hearing Procedures of the Code of Student Conduct.
- ii) made by the Trial Division of the University Tribunal acting under the Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters.
b) To report its decisions to the Vice-President and Provost. The Vice-President and Provost will report for information to the University Affairs Board cases adjudicated under the Code of Student Conduct and to the Academic Board those adjudicated under the Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters.
Please note: the contents of the web site, where possible, have been written in simplified language. Should a question/dispute arise where the language in the web site differs from the Code of Student Conduct, the Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters, or the Discipline Appeals Board Terms of Reference the relevant Code or Terms of Reference will prevail.
do you want an easy way to understand the academic discipline appeals process?
Click below for an easy-to-understand flowchart illustrating the entire academic discipline appeals process.