- Academic Appeals
Academic Discipline & Academic Discipline Appeals
- Academic Discipline
- Academic Discipline Appeals
Non-Academic Discipline & Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Non-Academic Discipline
- Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Sexual Violence & Sexual Harassment
- University-Mandated Leave Policy
- Complaint and Resolution Council for Student Societies (CRCSS)
- Advancement Review Panel - CUPE 3902 Unit 3
- Clinical Faculty Academic Clinical Tribunal
- Clinical Faculty Grievance Review Panel
- UTFA Tenure Appeals
- UTFA Grievances
- UTFA Workload Adjudication
do you want help with your academic appeal?
Downtown Legal Services (DLS) can help! DLS is a legal clinic with experience representing students in the academic appeals process. It is located on the University of Toronto campus and provides free legal services to students who qualify.
IMPORTANT: The 90 day deadline for students to file their Notice of Academic Appeal with our Office has been suspended, as the ADFG Office is pausing the deadline due to the recent COVID-19 situation. This means if a student's appeal deadline falls between Tuesday, March 17, 2020 and Friday, April 3, 2020 (inclusive), it will not be processed. As such, all appeals due during this period will now be due on Monday, April 6, 2020, unless there is a further extension of the suspension period. However, students can request reconsideration of the suspension of the 90 day deadline in specific cases. This decision was made in consultation with the Senior Chair. Currently the ADFG Office staff will be working offsite between Tuesday, March 17, 2020 and Friday, April 3rd, 2020, inclusive.
To find out whether you have met the criteria to file an appeal with the ADFG Office, please see the When Can I File an Appeal? section.
The Academic Appeals Committee serves three functions:
- To hear and consider appeals made by students against decisions of faculty, college or school councils (or committees thereof) in the application of academic regulations and requirements. Decisions of the Academic Appeals Committee are final.
- To advise the Academic Board on policy with respect to academic appeals throughout The University and on Divisional appeal procedures.
- To determine detailed procedures in its own operations.
The ADFG Office is responsible for managing the administration of the Academic Appeals Committee.
Please note: the contents of the web site, where possible, have been written in simplified language. Should a question/dispute arise where the language in the web site differs from the Terms of Reference, the Terms of Reference will prevail.
do you want an easy way to understand the academic appeals process?
Click below for an easy-to-understand flowchart illustrating the entire academic appeals process.