- Academic Appeals
Academic Discipline & Academic Discipline Appeals
- Academic Discipline
- Academic Discipline Appeals
Non-Academic Discipline & Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Non-Academic Discipline
- Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Sexual Violence & Sexual Harassment
- University-Mandated Leave Policy
- Complaint and Resolution Council for Student Societies (CRCSS)
- Advancement Review Panel - CUPE 3902 Unit 3
- Clinical Faculty Academic Clinical Tribunal
- Clinical Faculty Grievance Review Panel
- UTFA Tenure Appeals
- UTFA Grievances
- UTFA Workload Adjudication
do you want help with your academic appeal?
Downtown Legal Services (DLS) can help! DLS is a legal clinic with experience representing students in the academic appeals process. It is located on the University of Toronto campus and provides free legal services to students who qualify.
IMPORTANT: In light of the COVID 19 situation, the ADFG Office staff will be working remotely until further notice. We are working on an individual basis with parties and chairs to ensure AAC hearings can proceed as planned using an electronic hearing format.
NOTE: We are currently suspending the requirement that parties file five hard copies of materials until further notice. If you want to file an appeal, you may send an electronic copy of all of your materials, including the Notice of Academic Appeal Form, to the ADFG Staff at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; and email@example.com
Downtown Legal Services has reopened remotely as of June 1, 2020. Please contact their Office if you wish to consult their services.
To find out whether you have met the criteria to file an appeal with the ADFG Office, please see the When Can I File an Appeal? section.
The Academic Appeals Committee serves three functions:
- To hear and consider appeals made by students against decisions of faculty, college or school councils (or committees thereof) in the application of academic regulations and requirements. Decisions of the Academic Appeals Committee are final.
- To advise the Academic Board on policy with respect to academic appeals throughout The University and on Divisional appeal procedures.
- To determine detailed procedures in its own operations.
The ADFG Office is responsible for managing the administration of the Academic Appeals Committee.
Please note: the contents of the web site, where possible, have been written in simplified language. Should a question/dispute arise where the language in the web site differs from the Terms of Reference, the Terms of Reference will prevail.
do you want an easy way to understand the academic appeals process?
Click below for an easy-to-understand flowchart illustrating the entire academic appeals process.