COVID-19 and Diploma Deliveries
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, significant restrictions and the closure of the Office of Convocation have impacted services.
Availability of these services will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
IMPORTANT: In-person pick up of a diploma is currently unavailable as the Office of Convocation is closed to in-person visitors.
Diploma Pick Up IS currently unavailable
2020 & JUNE 2021 GRADUATES
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we were unable to hold in-person convocation ceremonies and graduates from 2020 and June 2021 could not pick-up their diplomas. Diplomas with complete address information have been shipped. If your diploma has been returned to our office, you will have received an email from us with next steps.
If you have not received your 2020 or June 2021 diploma, please contact us. Please be sure to specify Diploma Delivery/Pickup in the request type.
2019 graduates can request to have their unclaimed diplomas shipped to them for a fee. Requests are made by submitting all of the following:
- a completed Diploma Delivery Request Form with an original signature
- payment for the appropriate fee(s) in the form of a Money Order, Bank Draft or Certified Cheque
Requests which are incomplete will be returned via Canada Post regular mail.
- $40.00 CAD within Canada
- $55.00 CAD to the USA
- $70.00 CAD to International destinations
Please note that we cannot accept cash at this time. We can only accept Money Order, Bank Draft or Certified Cheque (not personal). Funds must be in Canadian Dollars and made payable to the University of Toronto. We are unable to accept equivalencies in US or International funds.
IMPORTANT (please read carefully)
- Please note that faxed or otherwise electronically signed or sent copies will not be accepted. Your original signature must appear on this form. This form must be received with your payment.
- All diplomas that are couriered will require a signature by the receiving party.
- Please provide an address where your diploma can be received during business hours (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday), to avoid delay and returned diplomas.
- If undeliverable, the Courier Depot will hold the package for 5 days before returning it to the Office of Convocation. It will then be subject to further payment for another delivery.
- Courier services will not deliver to P.O. Boxes. Please include a full street name and number.
GRADUATES PRIOR TO 2019
The Office of Convocation will hold diplomas for one calendar year from the date of your convocation. Diplomas not claimed after one calendar year are destroyed for reasons of security and storage.
If you have not claimed your diploma, you can request a replacement diploma by following the instructions on our Replacement Diploma page.
frequently asked questions
What do I do if I have a valid postal code, but I know that some couriers (FedEx, DHL, Purolator) don’t recognize it?
Some postal codes for international destinations, even if they are valid, are not recognized by global courier services. If you know this to be the case with your address, please contact the Office of Convocation to confirm which courier is being used. You can then contact the local office of the courier (FedEx, DHL, etc.) who should be able to advise on how to format your address to ensure successful shipping.
What can I do if my package is being delivered to the wrong address?
We cannot change the delivery address after an order has been shipped. If the shipping address on your order is incorrect, we work directly with our shippers to try to resolve address issues. We cannot be held responsible for any delays, fees, or other delivery issues if you've made an error in the shipping information. If such an error causes an order to be rejected, lost or destroyed, we cannot issue a refund. If the error causes the order to be sent back to us, you will be responsible for return shipping fees.
What should I do if my package tracking states “delivered”, but I never received it?
There are several actions you can take if the tracking status of the courier is showing that the package has been delivered, but you have not yet received it.
- Check who signed for the package on the tracking page. All our diplomas require signature upon receipt.
- If you live in a condo building, check with the concierge and/or the mail room.
- If you live in a house, check the area around the house (e.g. patio, deck, backdoor, etc).
If you are still unable to locate the package, contact the Office of Convocation.
What happens if my package is lost during shipping?
Although it is rare for orders to get lost or delayed, please be aware that it can happen. In the event your package has not been delivered within 14 days of the initial shipping date (as outlined in the automated email from the courier), contact our office. Depending on your location, and any history of similar problems, we’ll work to help resolve this issue.