COVID-19 and Diploma Deliveries
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the closure of The Office of Convocation and all University of Toronto buildings, diploma deliveries will be suspended until further notice.
Make sure your diploma delivery request includes all of the following:
- a completed Diploma Delivery Request Form with an original signature
- the appropriate fee(s) in the form of a Money Order, Bank Draft or Certified Cheque
Please Note: requests which are incomplete will be returned via Canada Post regular mail.
If you make a request to have your diploma delivered to you, it will be sent via courier.
The fee is:
- $40.00 CAD within Canada
- $55.00 CAD to the USA
- $70.00 CAD to International destinations
Please note that we can only accept cash (onsite payment only), money order, bank draft, or certified cheque (not personal)
Payment in the form of a Money Order, Bank Draft or Certified Cheque, must be made payable to the University of Toronto.
**NOTE: we are unable to accept equivalencies in US or International funds.
(If you are forwarding a delivery form to our office please note that Canada Post deliveries (including Express Post, Priority Post, Registered Mail, and EMS) are no longer delivered directly to the Office of Convocation. This may delay processing your request. If you have a pending deadline please consider an alternate delivery method.)
IMPORTANT: (please read carefully)
- Please note that faxed or otherwise electronically signed or sent copies will not be accepted. Your original signature must appear on this form. This form must be received with your payment.
- All diplomas that are couriered will require a signature by the receiving party.
- Please provide an address where your diploma can be received during business hours (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday), to avoid delay and returned diplomas.
- If undeliverable, the Courier Depot will hold the package for 5 days before returning it to the Office of Convocation. It will then be subject to further payment for another delivery.
- Courier services will not deliver to P.O. Boxes. Please include a full street name and number.
Diploma Pick Up
Please allow one (1) business day, following the last day of the Convocation period, to pass before coming to the Office of Convocation to pick up your diploma. Be sure to bring your University of Toronto TCard or valid government-issued photo identification (please note that we cannot accept an Ontario Health Card as photo identification) with you.
- If you are graduating in March 2020, diplomas will be available for collection as of March 16.
- If you are graduating in June 2020, diplomas will be available for collection as of June 23.
- If you are graduating in November 2020, diplomas will be available for collection as of November 17*.
*Please note, this date is subject to change.
There is no fee to pick up your diploma.
IMPORTANT: (please read carefully)
- If you are unable to pick up your diploma yourself, you may send someone to pick it up for you with a signed Fillable Diploma Pickup Letter of Authorization.
- Please be sure to include your name, student #, degree earned, your signature, the date, and the name of the person being authorized to pick up your diploma as they will be asked to produce valid photo identification (please note that we cannot accept an Ontario Health Card as photo identification) upon arrival.
- An original copy of the diploma pickup letter of authorization MUST accompany the person designated to pick up your diploma. Please note that faxed or otherwise electronically signed or sent copies will not be accepted. Your original signature must appear on this form.
The Office of Convocation will hold your diploma for one year following the date of Convocation.
The Office of Convocation location and hours of operation:
27 King's College Circle, Room 102
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A1
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Friday 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.