For a comprehensive list of sanctions available to the University of Toronto, please see Section E of the Code of Student Conduct .
The following sanctions or combinations thereof may be imposed upon students found to have committed an offence under the Code.
In addition, students found to have committed an offence may be placed on conduct probation for a period not to exceed one year, with the provision that one or more of the following sanctions will be applied if the conduct probation is violated.
1. Formal written reprimand.
2. Order for restitution, rectification or the payment of damages.
3. A fine or bond for good behaviour not to exceed $500.
4. Requirement of public service work not to exceed 25 hours.
5. Denial of access to specified services, activities or facilities of the University for a period of up to one year.
The following two sanctions, which would directly affect a student's registration in a program, may be imposed only where it has been determined that the offence committed is of such a serious nature that the Student's continued registration threatens the academic function of the University of Toronto or any of its Divisions or the ability of other students to continue their programs of study. Where the sanction of suspension and/or expulsion has been imposed on a student, the Vice-President & Provost (or delegate) shall have the power to record that sanction on the Student's academic record and transcript for such length of time as he or she considers appropriate.
A sanction of suspension shall be recorded on the Student's academic record and transcript for a period of five years. The following wording shall be used: "Suspended from the University of Toronto for reasons of non-academic misconduct for a period of [length of suspension], [date]."
A sanction of expulsion shall be permanently recorded on the Student's academic record and transcript. The following wording shall be used: "Expelled from the University of Toronto for reasons of non-academic misconduct, [date]."
6. Suspension from registration in any course or program of a Division or any Divisions for a period of up to one year.
7. Recommendation for expulsion from the University.