- Academic Appeals
Academic Discipline & Academic Discipline Appeals
- Academic Discipline
- Academic Discipline Appeals
Non-Academic Discipline & Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Non-Academic Discipline
- Non-Academic Discipline Appeals
- Sexual Violence & Sexual Harassment
- University-Mandated Leave Policy
- Complaint and Resolution Council for Student Societies (CRCSS)
- Advancement Review Panel - CUPE 3902 Unit 3
- Clinical Faculty Academic Clinical Tribunal
- Clinical Faculty Grievance Review Panel
- UTFA Tenure Appeals
- UTFA Grievances
- UTFA Workload Adjudication
when will i get the reasons for decision?
In circumstances where the reasons for decision are not provided at the time of the hearing, written reasons for decision will be issued at a later date, normally within 90 days, although the reasons may be issued sooner, and in rare occasions may take longer.
The process of issuing reasons for the decision is as follows:
- Once the ADFG Office receives the draft from the Panel, the Office will format it;
- Conduct a fact and name check;
- Circulate it to the Panel again for their approval (only if there are any changes);
- Finally, the Office will release it to you and the Division and will post it online to the ADFG website (it will not contain your name as per the Code of Behaviour). A summary will then be reported to the Academic Board. The case will also be summarized in the case summaries section of the ADFG website.
what happens to the decision?
Decisions are reported to the Provost and are generally published with the Student's name withheld. The full decisions are placed here. Summaries of all decisions can be found here.
The Provost's Office will receive notification of the Decision at the same time as the Student and will deal with the publication accordingly.
The Division will also be notified of the Decision, it will make note of any sanctions ordered by the panel, such as reprimands, suspensions, disciplinary notations, confirmed expulsions, changes to course marks, etc.
Summaries of all decisions are reported semi-annually to the Academic Board, a sub-committee of the Governing Council.