To listen to the meeting, please click on the link:
Item 4 will involve discussions related to sexual violence. These discussions may be challenging and difficult for some attendees. You are encouraged to take care of yourself. A representative from the University’s Sexual Violence Prevention and Support Centre will be available to provide support during the meeting. If at any time during the meeting you require support, please e-mail your phone number to email@example.com. Individuals looking for support related to sexual violence can also contact the SVPS Centre directly at 416-978-2266 to schedule an appointment.
The following additional supports are also available to the University community to access:
Faculty, Staff & Librarians: Employee & Family Assistance Program – 1-800-663-1142
Students: My Student Support Program (My SSP): 1-844-451-9700
Pursuant to section 28 (e) and 38 of By-Law Number 2,
consideration of items 12 and 13 will take place in camera.
- Chair’s Remarks
- Report of the President (Student Presentation)
- President’s Advisory Committee on the Environment, Climate Change, and Sustainability: Annual Report, 2021: From Vision to Action* (for information) (Presentation)
(Professor John Robinson, Chair and Presidential Advisor on the Environment, Climate Change, and Sustainability)
- Proposed Revisions: Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment* (for approval) (Arising from Report Number 226 of the University Affairs Board (November 17, 2021))
Be It Resolved
THAT the proposed revisions to the Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment, dated December 16, 2021, be approved, effective January 1, 2022.
- Review of the University-Mandated Leave of Absence Policy (UMLAP)* - Overview (for information) (Presentation)
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Governing Council – October 28, 2021 (for approval)*
- Business Arising from the Report of the Previous Meeting
- Reports for Information
- Review of Academic Programs and Units – Part 1 (Arising from Report Number 236 of the Academic Board (November 17, 2021)
- Report Number 50 of the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus Council (November 15, 2021)*
- Report Number 50 of the University of Toronto Mississauga Campus Council (November 16, 2021)*
- Report Number 236 of the Academic Board (November 17, 2021)*
- Report Number 226 of the University Affairs Board (November 23, 2021)*
- Report Number 261 of the Business Board (November 24, 2021)*
- Report Number 526 of the Executive Committee (December 7, 2021)*
- Date of Next Meeting – Tuesday, February 15, 2022 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Question Period
- Other Business
IN CAMERA SESSION+
- Senior Appointment +++
- Report Number 65 of the Committee for Honorary Degrees +
* Documentation is attached.
** Documentation for consent item included. This item will be given individual consideration by the Governing Council only if a
member so requests. Members with questions or who would like the consent item to be discussed by the Governing Council are
invited to notify the Secretary, Ms Sheree Drummond, at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting by telephone at 416-978-2118
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Documentation is to follow
+ Confidential documentation is attached for members only.