The Committee for Honorary Degrees is responsible for recommending to the Governing Council the conferral of honorary degrees upon individuals whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to the graduates of the University, and who, by their presence, bring honour and distinction to the institution.
Information regarding the nominations for Honorary Degree Recipients for 2023 is found below. The deadline for nominations is Monday, September 12, 2022."
Call for Honorary Degree Nominations for 2023
Instructions for Honorary Degree Nominations
Honorary Degree Recipients 2022
U of T recognizes 11 academic, business, and community leaders.
Secretary to the Committee for Honorary Degrees
Dr. Kristi Gourlay
- Meeting Schedule
- Terms of Reference
- Guidelines for the Committee for Honorary Degrees
- Instructions for Honorary Degree Nominations
- Honorary Degree Nomination Form (fillable pdf)
- List of Honorary Degree Recipients, Alphabetical order
- List of Honorary Degree Recipients, Chronological order