The Committee for Honorary Degrees is responsible for recommending to the Governing Council the conferral of honorary degrees upon individuals whose accomplishments are of such excellence that they provide inspiration and leadership to the graduates of the University, and who, by their presence, bring honour and distinction to the institution.
Information regarding the nominations for Honorary Degree Recipients for 2020 is found below. The deadline for nominations is Friday, September 13, 2019.
Prospective nominators are encouraged to do the following:
Read the FAQs on nominating a University of Toronto honorary degree recipient.
- Meeting Schedule
- Terms of Reference
- Call for Nominations: Honorary Degrees Recipients
- Instructions for Honorary Degree Nominations
- Honorary Degree Nomination Form (fillable pdf)
- Guidelines for the Committee for Honorary Degrees
- List of Honorary Degree Recipients, Alphabetical order
- List of Honorary Degree Recipients, Chronological order