To listen to the Governance meeting, please click on the link below.
Pursuant to section 38 of By-Law Number 2,
consideration of item 10 will take place in camera.
- Chair’s Remarks
- Report of the Vice-President and Provost
- Proposed Revisions to the Policy and Procedures on Employment Conditions for Part-time Academic Staff (Part-Time Policy); and amendments to the Policy and Procedures on Academic Appointments (PPAA) and the Policy and Procedures Governing Promotions in the Teaching Stream (PPPTS) (for recommendation)*
Be it Recommended
THAT the Memorandum of Settlement Between the University of Toronto Faculty Association and the University Administration, dated May 7, 2020, regarding the Policy and Procedures on Employment Conditions of Part-time Faculty be approved, effective immediately; and
THAT revisions to Policy and Procedures on Employment Conditions of Part-time Academic Staff be approved, effective January 1, 2021; and
THAT the amendments to Policy and Procedures on Academic Appointments be approved, effective January 1, 2021; and
THAT the agreement that the ranks and titles of part-time teaching stream faculty members change from the current titles of Lecturer and Senior Lecturer to Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream and Associate Professor, Teaching Stream be approved, effective immediately.
THAT the amendments to Policy and Procedures Governing Promotions in the Teaching Stream be approved, effective January 1, 2021.
- Approvals Under Summer Executive Authority (for information)**
- Report of the Previous Meeting: Report Number 228 (May 28, 2020) (for approval)**
- Business Arising from the Report of the Previous Meeting
- Items for Information**
- 2020-2021 Academic Board Calendar of Business
- Report Number 266 of the Agenda Committee – June 2, 2020
- Report Number 267 of the Agenda Committee – June 24, 2020
- Report Number 268 of the Agenda Committee – September 24, 2020
- Report Number 204 of the Committee on Academic Policy and Programs – September 21, 2020
- Report Number 194 of the Planning and Budget Committee – September 17, 2020
- Date of the Next Meeting – Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at 3:10 to 5:10 p.m.
- Other Business
IN CAMERA CONSENT AGENDA
- Quarterly List of Donations of $250,000 or more to the University of Toronto May 1 to July 31, 2020 (for information)+
* Documentation attached
** Documentation for consent item included. This item will be given individual consideration
by the Board only if a member so requests. Members with questions or who would like a
consent item to be discussed by the Board are asked to notify the Secretary, Ms. Tracey Gameiro,
at least 24 hours before the meeting, by telephone (416-978-8425) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
+ Confidential documentation for members only.
++ Documentation forthcoming