Make sure your diploma replacement request includes all of the following:
- a completed Request for Replacement Diploma order form with an original signature
- your original diploma
- the appropriate fee(s) in the form of a Money Order, Bank Draft or Certified Cheque
- a completed Diploma Delivery Request Form (with payment) if you wish to have your replacement diploma couriered
Please note that we can only accept cash, money order, bank draft, or certified cheque (not personal).
In order to obtain a Replacement Diploma printed with a different name, you must first have your name officially changed in the University of Toronto records. Please follow the steps outlined below:
Contact your College or Faculty Registrar and complete a Change or Correction of Name form. This form must be accompanied by one of the following supporting documents:
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Legal Name Change document issued by the Government
- If you are submitting your name change request by mail, a certified copy of one of the above-mentioned documents must accompany the form.
- If your supporting documentation is in a foreign language, you must provide an official translation.
Please complete the Replacement Diploma Request form in its entirety before submitting to the Office of Convocation (NOTE: if you do not know your student number, you must provide a date of birth and/or SIN Number). Please note that faxed or otherwise electronically signed or sent copies of the request form will not be accepted. Your original signature must appear on this form. This form must be received with your payment.
Replacement Diploma Order Form (fillable PDF)
Diploma Delivery Request Form (fillable PDF)
If you wish to have your Replacement Diploma couriered to you please see Diploma Delivery.
The typical processing time for a Replacement Diploma is approximately 2 weeks upon receipt of documentation and payment. During peak Convocation seasons, please allow 6-8 weeks for a Replacement Diploma to be processed. Peak Convocation seasons are early-May until the end of June and mid-October until the end of November.
(*Please note that Canada Post deliveries (including Express Post, Priority Post, Registered Mail, and EMS) are no longer delivered directly to the Office of Convocation. This may delay processing your request. If you have a pending deadline please consider an alternate delivery method.)