UPCOMING HOLIDAY CLOSURE - IMPORTANT TIMELINES
The Office of Convocation and the University of Toronto will close for the holidays on Friday, December 20 at 3:00 p.m. The last day to order a Certification of Degree will be Wednesday, December 18 at 12:00 p.m. to ensure processing before the holidays. After this time, the order form will be unavailable until 9:00 a.m. on Monday, January 6, 2020.
We apologize for any inconvenience and wish you Happy Holidays.
A Certification of Degree is a signed and sealed document printed on letterhead stating your name of record, degree conferred, and date of graduation.
Fee: $20.00 CAD for each Certification of Degree (Price increases to $25.00 CAD as of January 1, 2020)
Processing Time: 5-7 business days*
*During peak Convocation seasons, please allow 1-2 weeks for a Certification of Degree to be processed. Peak Convocation seasons are May/June and October/ November.
You have three options for receiving your document:
- Pick it up, either by you or your designate, in person at the Office of Convocation. You will receive notification when the document is available for pickup.
- Have it mailed to you or directly to the address indicated on your form. In this instance, the document will be sent by Canada Post regular mail.
- Have it couriered to you or directly to the address indicated on your form (additional fees apply). You will receive tracking information as soon as the document has been sent for delivery.
IMPORTANT: a Certification of Degree is only available to those who have had their degree conferred. If your degree has not yet been conferred, you may request a letter confirming that you have met the requirements to graduate from the Registrar’s Office in your division.
- Need to order a Certification of Degree for more than one degree? You will need to complete an online request and payment for EACH degree.
- Want multiple copies for the same degree, but have different needs for each copy (ex. only need one in a signed sealed envelope)? Please indicate any special instructions in the Special Instructions text box on the form.
Toronto School of Theology Graduates - please note that a Certification of Degree for your TST degree cannot be issued by the Office of Convocation. Please contact your college registrar for a Toronto School of Theology Certification of Degree.
For School of Continuing Studies Certificates, do not use this form. Please contact the School of Continuing Studies to request your certificate.
Please contact us with any further questions.
Regrettably, the University of Toronto does not issue copies of diplomas. Your diploma is a legal document. Therefore, the only copy of your diploma is the one that you received. Please take your original diploma to any local Notary Public* and they can provide you with a certified copy.
(*A Notary Public is a public official who can authenticate documents with a notarial seal. Many lawyers are also Notaries. A Notary Public is not equivalent to a Guarantor. Please contact a local law office in your area.)
The Office of Convocation can provide a Certification of Degree. This is a document printed on office letterhead that states your name, degree earned and date of Convocation. It is then signed and sealed by a University Official.