Helpful Tips for Updating Your Permanent Address in ACORN
The Office of Convocation will be couriering diplomas to all 2020 graduates – that’s more than 20,000 diplomas! It is imperative that your permanent address is up-to-date and correct in ACORN.
When you log into ACORN, click on Profile & Settings,
> then Address, or Display and Update Addresses and home phone number;
> then click on the pencil icon on the right-hand side of Permanent Address.
This will be the screen you see.
Complete all fields, including a telephone number local to the delivery address and click Save.
- Couriers cannot deliver to a P.O. Box
- Include suite or unit numbers separately (eg. 100 University Avenue would be entered on line 1, and Suite 522 would be entered on line 2)
- If your building requires couriers use a buzzer code to deliver packages, include it!
- Include a valid, local telephone number in case the courier company requires more information to deliver.
- Do not use commas within your address - the courier company will not accept commas within an address. See below for sample addresses
- An adult must be available to receive the delivery and sign (or to follow the protocol at the time of delivery set by the courier company)
- Deliveries are made during regular business hours. Please check that the address selected meets this requirement
- For addresses in Asia, please write your address in English in ACORN; for added assurance but optional, you can then email the Office of Convocation with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your student number
- Your address written in English
- Your address written in the language of the country where it will be delivered (Chinese, Korean, etc.)
- A telephone number local to the delivery address
We will print the International address and afix it to your diploma envelope along with the English address.
Taking a few moments now to ensure your address is correct will prevent delays and surcharges once your diplomas has been shipped. Please see below for some samples of correctly entered addresses.
Sample Canadian Address
Sample International Address
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Convocation as soon as possible.