Note: due to limited seating in Convocation Hall, we regret that we are unable to offer guest tickets to faculty or staff.
The Academic Procession continues to be an important part of the long and dignified tradition of the convocation ceremony at the University of Toronto. A procession that includes a strong representation from the division is a visible demonstration of the value that we place on convocation and the celebration of our students’ achievements. We hope that you and your colleagues will be able to join the Academic Procession for any or all of the ceremonies.
See the schedule of the celebrations.
From November 18 to 25, 2022, members of the Governing Council, Faculty and Staff will be able to RSVP on-line to participate in the Academic Procession for the Class of 2020-2021 Celebrations. Information regarding regalia rental, assembly time, and meeting place is noted below. If you are experiencing difficulty with our website or wish to speak with a staff member in the Office of Convocation, please call us at (416) 978-3629.
Go to the Academic Procession RSVP. (Note: This link will only be live during the RSVP period)
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at (416) 978-3629.
- Assembly Time: 30 minutes before the time of convocation
- Location: Council Chamber, Simcoe Hall, 27 King’s College Circle, 2nd Floor.
- Questions: Please contact the Office of Convocation at (416) 978-3629
- Rental of Academic Costume Regalia: Academic Costume Regalia is available, for a small fee, to all members of faculty and staff from our supplier Harcourts. The ordering site will only be available between November 14-25. Please note that they can provide black gowns and University of Toronto hoods for members, but a limited number of hoods for degrees earned from other universities.
- Regalia Pick-up/Drop-Off Location: C. David Naylor Student Commons, Medical Sciences Building (1 King's College Circle). Follow the signs for staff and faculty gown rental. Do not join the student line-up for regalia pick-up.
- Purchase of Academic Regalia: please contact the Office of Convocation at (416) 978-3629.